Reviews of Brooklyn Brass and Reed
- Mahlon H. Jersey City, NJ
- 12/22/2014 – I have been going to Brooklyn Brass and Reed for years.Ruben has worked on my saxes more than anyone, and has given me excellent service and repairs time and time again.Thank you Ruben!! And BTW,..I would also recommend him as a good music teacher!
- Mike C. Brooklyn, NY
- 12/20/2014 – Ruben has always been really helpful and does a great job.He’s worked on my clarinet and sax.A lot easier than going all the way into the city too. He’s one block from the F or G train in Carroll Gardens.
- 2/9/2014 – I’ve taken my son’s high-quality clarinet to Ruben a few times for minor repairs, and recently his student tenor sax needed a fix. We’ve always had a great experience with the shop. Ruben is courteous, efficient, and his prices are reasonable. He can often work on an instrument while you wait. My only complaint is his early closing time (4:30) which makes it a bit inconvenient. Well worth changing plans to get there, though.
- 2/14/2014 – I had a Yamaha alto saxophone that needed an overhaul. I hadn’t played it in years and some of the pads were worn down. I found Brooklyn Brass & Reed just by googling around and am very happy I did. Ruben was fabulous: personable, kind, quick-working, and reasonably priced. I recommend him highly.
- 2/11/2014 – Ruben is great! I came in with a horn that needed a keyguard adjustment after the FedEx folks apparently didn’t pay attention to the fragile stickers up and down the box it came to me in. He had it back into place in about 45 seconds. We then spent the next twenty minutes nerding out, at which point at asked him what the charge was. $0. He was super knowledgeable and friendly, and I will absolutely be returning to him with more work (paid work of course, the man’s running a business).
- 1/29/2014 – I have several older model Conn trumpets and cornets, one of which I used in school and they are precious to me. I needed cleaning and valve work on them and didn’t feel comfortable trusting anybody near where I live. I was in NY and met Ruben Gutierrez at a jazz club and since I enjoyed his music, I asked him where he had his horns cleaned and repaired. It turned out that he himself is the owner of Brooklyn Brass and Reed. Although I was hesitant about sending my horns across country, but ultimately he did a fine job on them at a fair price, and I am playing again.
More Reviews at: